U.S. Virgin Islands – Taxation Benefits for Approved Investors
The Virgin Islands Economic Development Commission (“VIEDC”) offers a unique and attractive tax incentive program for companies locating in the USVI. This is a competitive off-shore tax benefit program that is sanctioned by the U.S. Government through an Act of Congress under the Internal Revenue Code. Below are the USVI key selling points:
- 90% reduction in corporate income tax
- 90% reduction in personal income tax
- 100% exemption on excise tax
- 100% exemption on property taxes and gross receipts tax
- Imported goods pay only 1% duty in comparison to the statutory 6% customs rate
Learn more about the EDC program where you can find additional information on eligibility, benefits and how they work and the application process.
You may also contact the EDC at 340-714-1700 on St. Thomas or at 340-773-6499 on St. Croix.
Click here to begin the EDC program application.
Click here for a list of current EDC beneficiaries.